Wednesday, February 1, 2012

About Me

My name is Thuan Nguyen. I am a senior at SF State, aiming for a B.S. in Industrial Arts: Visual Communication Design (aka, graphic design). I kinda specialize in web stuff, since I started learning it at an early age. But after being in this major, I've come to really appreciate and become fascinated with print and video. Importantly, I've made a full 180 in terms of my career direction; I originally got into design to create cool, flashy stuff and make money, but now I'll only do design work that's meaningful to me, that makes the world a better place.

Anyway, I still have no clue what the heck I'm going to do after I graduate. I really want to take this last semester to find my passions and discover a lot more about how I can enjoy and contribute to the design world.

I'm inspired by compelling design, the kind that touches the viewer deeply, that provokes, that sends shivers through one's body. I love dramatic stuff; I love when designers take risks. Thus, I'm influenced by bold, fearless designers.

My vision is to evolve significantly as a designer in terms of skill, experience, awareness, and wisdom. I want to truly believe that what I do can make a difference, that I do have the ability to create beautiful, powerful design. I know that if I'm passionate and if I believe in myself, I will be able to work towards a very fulfilling design career and towards discovering meaning in life.

Currently, I am really enjoying motion graphic design and am inspired by amazing video work, like the following:



I am contemplative, introverted, quirky, open-minded, uncertain, and curious.

No comments:

Post a Comment